New Liberty United Methodist Church – Director of Music
17 Thompson Mill Road, Braselton, GA 30517
Job Title: Director of Music
Reports to: Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee.
Job Overview: New Liberty United Methodist Church is located in Braselton, Georgia, and averages 50 people in weekly worship attendance. The Director of Music will play a crucial role in helping to lead the spiritual lives of those who attend our services through music and reaching our community.
A Director of Music helps develop and lead the worship music ministry for the church, in consultation with the senior pastor and other team members, in a way that is consistent with the mission, values, and theology of the church community.
To develop and lead the worship music ministry for our church, in consultation with the senior pastor and other team members, in a way that is consistent with our mission, values, and theology.
- Select and plan music for Sunday and midweek services.
- Participate in the creative planning of the Sunday and special services with the Senior Pastor and Church Pianist
- Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and shepherd music team leaders and musicians.
- Develop musical teams and ensembles for services.
- Direct outreach events into the community via performances at other organizations as appropriate.
- Maintain a strong prayer base for the music ministry.
- Communicate faithfully with the Senior Pastor and staff.
- Participate in the life and ministry of the church.
- Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Is willing and agrees to abide by United Methodist rules and doctrines.
- Ability to shepherd volunteer musicians in the Christian life.
- Love and respect for people.
- Attested musical skills and competence.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians and technical team members.
- Sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Strong team player with the rest of the staff and congregation.
- Committed to the church’s vision, leadership, and people.
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated, and creative.
- Minimum three years of experience in a church-related setting.
- Ability in a wide range of styles including Christian classics (hymns) and contemporary music.
- Ability to read music to the extent of teaching a choir their parts.
- Ability to lead worship and to train others as individual and team worship leaders.
- Professional quality keyboard (preferred) or guitar player.
- Producing and directing special events, musicals and programs.
- Experience with technical aspects of contemporary services: for example, soundboards, theater lights, video editing, etc.—a plus.
This is a part-time position with duties primarily on Sunday morning and the day of rehearsal with the church choir and averages only a few hours per week. Compensation is listed at $50 per Sunday in attendance. Realizing additional duties may be required such as cantata or special event preparations, the church will pay $20 per hour for time spent preparing, leading practice, and actual performance. Once a week choir practice is not considered as an additional duty under this description. All payments shall be subject to mandatory employment deductions (State & Federal Taxes, Social Security, Medicare).
NLUMC will work with students to meet the required course criteria for those who are seeking academic credit courses.
All applicants please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Tayler Johnson–Pastor-in-Charge: firstname.lastname@example.org