New Liberty United Methodist Church – Family Ministries Director
17 Thompson Mill Road, Braselton, Ga 30517
Job Title: Family Ministries Director
Reports to: Family Ministry Council, Pastor, and Staff Parish Relations Committee.
Job Overview: New Liberty United Methodist Church is located in Braselton, Georgia and has 65-75 people who attend worship weekly. NLUMC hopes to capitalize on the growth in our area and minister to families. The Family Ministries Director will play a crucial role in helping the church develop young disciples, and reaching families in our congregation and community.
- Has a relationship with Jesus.
- Has experience working with children and/or youth.
- A good communicator
- Excellent with children
- Someone discerning ministry or children’s ministry
- Energetic, warm and able to share the love of Jesus with children and their families
- Is 18 years or older and willing to submit to a background and motor vehicle check.
- Organize and oversee children and youth ministries (includes Children’s Church, Sunday school, youth group, Confirmation, and special events)
- Lead Children’s Church and youth group weekly.
- Recruit, equip, and inspire volunteers
- Prepare and guide Bible learning activities from the provided Bible curriculum.
- Leave room clean, neat, and in good condition after use.
- Maintain a safe environment for children and youth that encourages growth in faith.
- Implement and adhere to Safe Sanctuaries policies and practices.
- Plan and participate in First Aid Training.
- Plan and execute special events with the assistance of the Family Ministries Council.
- Develop relationships with families, youth and children in the church and outside the church.
- Use appropriate child development knowledge to best meet the needs of the children and youth served.
- Prepare curriculum, activities, crafts, and class materials prior to class.
- Communicate the needs of the ministries to Pastor as appropriate (supplies, feedback on curriculum, etc).
- Demonstrate a positive and friendly attitude with the parents, children and youth in your care.
- Collaborate with Pastor on outreach, Confirmation, Bible Sunday, and other special events in the life of the church.
- Attend all Family Ministries Council meetings.
This is a paid, part-time position: averages 10 hours a week.
NLUMC will work with students to meet required course criteria for those who are seeking academic credit courses.
All applicants please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Amanda Lane: firstname.lastname@example.org